Dev Diary #4

Discussion in 'Dev Diary' started by superstringman, Jan 16, 2017.

By superstringman on Jan 16, 2017 at 7:44 PM
  1. superstringman

superstringman New Member Staff Member Bot Devs Bot Admins

Hello Everybody!

First off, yes I'm still alive and working on the bot. We have been monitoring the servers and discord to try to keep things running and help people with issues as they need it. Unfortunately I had a very time consuming project the past two months that took up all of my time. So the few hours I had here and there to work on BraneBot just wasn't enough to make meaningful progress towards the next release. Now that my other project has stabilized things should be getting back to normal. And since those projects keep the bot running financially, they do take priority when things get crazy.

Of course the next concern is, how do we prevent this in the future. I don't have any other large projects planned for a while, and basically things are stable enough that I don't have to take them, I'll just simply say no. I truly do like working on BraneBot and we have absolutely no plans for shutting anything down.

That all being said I think I may change plans a little bit. I'll probably get back to smaller and more frequent releases, possibly weekly. I'm not a huge fan of this since restarts are somewhat disruptive, but we're getting much closer to having the system more widely distributed which means updates can go through with little to no noticeable downtime. Smaller releases also allow me to have a steady flow of features for you guys instead of planning something larger that can easily get pushed back indefinitely.

Thanks for sticking around and look for at least a small release very soon. The Twitch Bot development space is definitely an odd one, but we'll make it. :)

Thanks,
    Superstringman

Comments

Discussion in 'Dev Diary' started by superstringman, Jan 16, 2017.